Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Chick

MyMemories 4 isn’t just for scrapbooking.  You can make other things with it too.

This week, I decided to make an Easter card using the Easter pack that came with the MyMemories software.  Since there isn’t an egg in the provided shapes, I loaded a circle into the shape editor and made my own egg shape.  It was really pretty easy to do.

easter20130322

I created the apertures for the iris folding by layering two egg shapes for each egg, one slightly smaller than the other.  I colored the larger bottom layers pink and purple and left the top layers white.  After printing the card, I cut out the white egg apertures and added the iris folding.  The papers for the iris folding are also from the Easter paper pack.  After completing the iris folding, I added pink and purple glitter paper behind the openings.

I printed two copies of the chick and layered them using foam tape.  The bottom layer of the chick is the complete image and the top layer is just the top and bottom shell and the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment