Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Best Friends

I was digging through my pictures this morning looking for something to scrap when I came across the pictures I took at Grandparent’s day last year.  I chose the Classmates paper and embellishments because it has a nice heart frame.  Sorry about the blurred faces, I don’t know these girls’ parents to ask permission to post their pics.

Grandparents Day-001w

The heart that comes with My Memories didn’t fit the frame, so I had to make one of my own using Inkscape.  You can download it here: http://handcraftedgreetings.com/downloads/Heart1.svg. Save it into the ..\My Memories Suite\Components\Shapes folder, restart My Memories and it will show up in the photo shapes.

After I added the ribbon across the top of the heart, I didn’t like the flower that was included, so I added a different one over the top of it. 

I’m still learning how to use shadowing and blurring to make different elements look like they stand out from the page further.  I’m getting a little better at it, but I still have a ways to go.  Barb at Albums To Remember has a great tutorial on adding shadows: http://albumstoremember.com/4/post/2012/05/shadows-from-good-to-great.html.  She also has a lot of other My Memories tutorials, so be sure to check out her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment